Project Ion English Forum
Want to log or rather stay as an guest?
Want to log or rather stay as an guest?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Ion, a universe aimed to be fully controlled by players!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inTestBuilt HomePion WikiPion Facebook

UMA sneak peak!

Go down 
+12
Seven
The Chosen
Tesla Coil
LunaticFringe
AngelO2
SnelleEddie
mingo
shytallknight
ahhtheegg
jameson
Admin
JackCaptainBlack
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Forum team
Admin

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2013-12-16, 12:25

A lot is happening behind the scenes, there is still worked on the new server as well on the UMA.

The developers from Project Ion have launched a early WIP demo on their work for UMA.
You are able to try out the avatar creation system that has been build so far.

Remember this is not the final product, UMA is a ongoing project just as Project Ion is.
A better videocard will give a better preview.

my first own try with the current demo
UMA sneak peak! Plugin-container+2013-12-16+23-41-42-65

Feel free to create a avatar and share it in this topic and use it by example as your avatar picture on this forum.

UMA also released some new eye-candy.  I love you 

UMA content integrated
UMA sneak peak! HeavyArmor01

All UMA sneak peak video's by the developers so far:

Last edited by Admin on 2014-04-15, 09:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/gameprojection/home
Tesla Coil

Tesla Coil

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2013-12-20, 05:19

A young female try,

UMA sneak peak! Plugin-container+2013-12-20+17-14-05-50

UMA sneak peak! Plugin-container+2013-12-20+17-14-52-03
Back to top Go down
JackCaptainBlack

JackCaptainBlack

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2013-12-29, 01:32

Looking good!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum team
Admin

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2013-12-29, 11:02

I noticed we can also use the walk animation in the UMA demo.

Still John already confirmed he is changing the animations for the better.

UMA sneak peak! Plugin-container+2013-12-29+22-57-22-14

UMA sneak peak! Plugin-container+2013-12-29+22-57-03-96

UMA sneak peak! Plugin-container+2013-12-29+22-57-17-12

With some luck we will be seeing some more updates in this demo while we eagerly await the new VU.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum team
Admin

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: UMAnizing a 3dScan :)   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-01-10, 02:33

More toys to get a taste from UMA...
Credits for this demo go to Fernando Ribeiro.

Open this webplayer to try it out yourself.

Uploaded also a small video with a sneak peak from the demo.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum team
Admin

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-01-18, 04:19

Just a short clip showing the actual state of development for the new unity avatar system. Recorded in the editor by John and (in his defence) controlling the avatar is obviously a bit tricky without first person view... Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum team
Admin

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-01-19, 07:29

Part 2, enjoy!

Feel free to subscribe as this is the official channel from TestBuilt R&D.
Back to top Go down
jameson

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-01-26, 01:53

Never miss leg day:D

UMA sneak peak! Chrome_2014-01-26_14-49-51-35
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum team
Admin

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-02-10, 14:11

A quick demo of the UMA system with an avatar carrying a rifle and wearing a protective armor harness. The harness is designed for our UMA contest by Razor.

Music: Hitman - Kevin MacLeod

Back to top Go down
ahhtheegg

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-02-10, 23:24

Admin wrote:
A quick demo of the UMA system with an avatar carrying a rifle and wearing a protective armor harness. The harness is designed for our UMA contest by Razor.

Music: Hitman - Kevin MacLeod

Nice!  bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
shytallknight

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-02-12, 16:46

is there a timestream for the next update any word when we could expect a new VU at all would be good if some news appeared with all these videos appearing it looks like it will be an absolutely mind blowing update when it appears......
Back to top Go down
mingo

mingo

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-09, 22:51

Back to top Go down
Tesla Coil

Tesla Coil

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-10, 00:59

Heya Mingo,

Good to see you back and still toying around with Unity and UMA now also.
Eager to see what you have accomplished by now.
Back to top Go down
LunaticFringe

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-10, 10:21

Hey guys, this looks great. I've been working with UMA for a couple of weeks now for my own project, creating a customization process very similar to this. I would sure like to take a peak at the Unity Package you have so far for this, it might help me work the kinks out of mine. UMA is not a very "user friendly" system.

I really admire what you guys are doing with Project Ion. Great job.
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-10, 11:47

LunaticFringe wrote:
Hey guys, this looks great. I've been working with UMA for a couple of weeks now for my own project, creating a customization process very similar to this. I would sure like to take a peak at the Unity Package you have so far for this, it might help me work the kinks out of mine. UMA is not a very "user friendly" system.

I really admire what you guys are doing with Project Ion. Great job.
I will have to ask John about it. The code has been tweaked and improved but I don't think there's a package yet...
We do have some fresh recordings showing the current state of the new VU. It just needs some editing, possibly tomorrow. Wink

Thank you for the kind words. Will get back to you as soon as I have more info.
Back to top Go down
LunaticFringe

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-10, 12:57

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-12, 06:08

Ok, so here's the whole story in short:

After we made the video, a rather big chunk of code had to be rewritten because it wasn't working as supposed to. It's still evolving with every step we take towards a fully functional UMA implementation. This also means that at present we have a lot of working code for legacy animations etc. which wouldn't even make sense as a separate package (ie: not without the code we don't intend to share).

That's why we've decided to focus our available time on the next release of Project Ion and make a tidy package as soon as the new VU is running stable. If you have any specific questions feel free to write them down here or on IRC. We will try to answer them or point you in the right direction.

And we were tinkering happily ever after... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LunaticFringe

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-12, 07:56

Hey thanks for the update. In my own project I'm currently able to make adjustments to the character mesh itself but what I am struggling with is the code to access and manipulate the colors. Our project involves creating a party of six characters so right now I can create the six custom characters and we save the recipes off to our SQLite database but I would like to be able to customize the skin tones as well as the color of the clothing.

I understand you are very busy with your own project and am very grateful for your help if you have time. Otherwise, I'm sure I will figure it out at some point.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Project Ion: Special Edition UMA Preview    UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-15, 08:22

Project Ion: Special Edition UMA Preview

Published on Apr 15, 2014 By Test Built

Yes! Thank you all for being so (im)patient while we are working diligently on VU 0.6.0. And a special thanks to ahhtheegg, who was kind enough to slice and dice this into something nice.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-19, 01:03

LunaticFringe wrote:
Hey thanks for the update.  In my own project I'm currently able to make adjustments to the character mesh itself but what I am struggling with is the code to access and manipulate the colors.  Our project involves creating a party of six characters so right now I can create the six custom characters and we save the recipes off to our SQLite database but I would like to be able to customize the skin tones as well as the color of the clothing.

I understand you are very busy with your own project and am very grateful for your help if you have time.  Otherwise, I'm sure I will figure it out at some point.

Thanks again!
Hi LunaticFringe,

It's been a little while so we hope you're doing well on your project. It would be nice if you could share more information about it and how it's going so far. In case you're still stuck on this (or anyone else for that matter) here is how we do it:

First take the umadata.umarecipe.SlotDataList['<Index of slot containing Body OverlayData>'].
If it's not null, copy this OverlayData to a temporary overlay-list using the GetOverlayData() method.
Loop through this temporary list to find and adjust all the overlay(s) that need to be changed.
After all changes are applied the umadata.SetDirty() method takes care of the rest.
Back to top Go down
LunaticFringe

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-19, 04:49

Hey SnelleEddie,

Thanks for the info. That is a big help!

As for our project: it is a single player RPG with a little old school flair (Might and Magic) mixed with a little modern tactical combat (XCOM Enemy Unknown). You create a party of 6 characters and navigate the world in a first person perspective but once you enter into combat, we go into a third-person, turn-based mode. The setting is in the near future, so it's pretty much a sci-fi RPG. We have a world where humanity has been genetically and technologically modified to the point that most are not even considered human anymore. Your characters have to balance this dilemma in order to succeed - retaining as much of their humanity as possible while being modified enough to survive.

We are tentatively calling the game Schism.

We have only been in development for about 3 months but we have the majority of the game mechanics working. Wrapping up the character creation, inventory system, a few of the combat mechanics, Enemy AI, and then it will mostly be a matter of adding the content. We have no funding at this point so I would like to run a crowdfunding campaign once we have an early Aplha build running.

Anyway, thanks again for the UMA information. I will keep watching your project, I think what you are doing is great!
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-27, 22:58

Good stuff man.

It would be nice if you could let us know when you've got an alpha version up to see the results of your hard work. There might even be some folks who would like to support the crowdfunding campaign. It's been ages since I've played anything like XCOM / Syndicate wars on the good old Commodore 64 & Amiga so it'll definitely bring back some memories... Very Happy

Until then, here's two screenshots from our latest endeavor with the Arkladon Armor for UMA (designed by Razor):

UMA sneak peak! 7xGBuD0
UMA sneak peak! ME7AbsX
Back to top Go down
AngelO2

AngelO2

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-29, 23:24

That's pretty cool, if you make it orange I'm sold...

(LOL)
Back to top Go down
LunaticFringe

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-04-30, 00:45

Looks awesome!

We are making good progress on Schism. I'll let you know when we hit Alpha. That's still a few months down the road it looks like.

Thanks again for your help!
Back to top Go down
LunaticFringe

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-05-23, 14:56

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you again for helping me get my own UMA character creation system for my game Schism working. Here are a couple of shots of it:
UMA sneak peak! Schism12
UMA sneak peak! Schism13

If you want to follow my progress, my blog is at: http://lunaticfringegames.wordpress.com/

And, I don't really have to site up yet, but my website will be ready soon: http://www.lunaticfringegames.com/

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Tesla Coil

Tesla Coil

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-05-24, 22:31

Looks very nice LunaticFringe,

I really love strategic turn based games, recently played Jagged Alliance The Jagged Edge again.
Your screens give me the feeling you making something similar like that game.

You always free to create a topic in the `Other game´ section and dedicate it to your project.

Another good forum i found besides Unity their own forum for Unity developers is `ArmedUnity´.

Good luck and keeping a eye on your progress.
Back to top Go down
The Chosen

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: its been a while   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-05-24, 23:11

hey guys its been a while back i've played but due the maintenance of irl life and doing repairations to my house lol! 

its good to see the uma forwarding and it wont last long before i go play again.

eddie and john good work keep it up! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tesla Coil

Tesla Coil

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-05-29, 21:01

Wish we would see another sneak preview pop-up...

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Tesla Coil

Tesla Coil

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-04, 10:30

Another sneak peak from the Testbuilt bunker.

Project Ion v0.6.0 - Arkladon Armor Test
UMA sneak peak! FTFZhU5
"Getting closer to a full functioning system. Armor parts can still use a bit of tinkering but looking nice already. Awesome!"
Back to top Go down
The Chosen

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-04, 21:19

awesome when i got the time i really come back and see the armor pixels Smile keep up the good work jellen and john nice going! bounce 
Back to top Go down
Tesla Coil

Tesla Coil

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-04, 21:32

The Chosen wrote:
awesome when i got the time i really come back and see the armor pixels :)keep up the good work jellen and john nice going! bounce 

Eddie, Jelle, Jeller, Jellen...

Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum team
Admin

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-09, 00:43

Another sneak peak in the kitchen from TestBuilt.
Please check the video on youtube and like it over there!

Back to top Go down
AngelO2

AngelO2

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-09, 01:10

Admin wrote:
Another sneak peak in the kitchen from TestBuilt.
Please check the video on youtube and like it over there!

That looks pretty cool, did I read "Harnas"? shouldn't that be "Harness" ?

lol! 
Back to top Go down
ahhtheegg

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-09, 01:19

Looks great! Cant wait to loot some of new stuff bounce
Back to top Go down
Seven

Seven

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-09, 03:41

Taking shape, nice work Smile

AngelO2 wrote:

and Thights instead of Thighs Smile
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-12, 04:13

AngelO2 wrote:

lol!

Seven wrote:
Taking shape, nice work Smile

AngelO2 wrote:

and Thights instead of Thighs Smile

Thanks, and welcome to the hottest new language known as Johnglish Very Happy
Razor delivered the upper leg armor named like that and John approved, so apparently Razor is already a step ahead of you guys. lol!

Seriously, stats and descriptions are still placeholders for the actual values that will be set later. For now most of the hard work is invisible magic going on "under the hood". A good thing that we're having the new avatar system and it's behaving nicely. Ready to fill up and test with more content. New experience points... Wink
Back to top Go down
AngelO2

AngelO2

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-12, 05:00

SnelleEddie wrote:
Ready to fill up and test with more content. New experience points... Wink

Are you talking about the skill system? Oh dear chuck norris if you are talking about it I swear....I'm gonna die in joy.

Anyway, my body is ready for the new armors. Burning faps like mad makes hunting a bit tedious.

Don't forget my orange beret !!  Cool 
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-12, 06:56

AngelO2 wrote:
SnelleEddie wrote:
Ready to fill up and test with more content. New experience points... Wink

Are you talking about the skill system? Oh dear chuck norris if you are talking about it I swear....I'm gonna die in joy.

Anyway, my body is ready for the new armors. Burning faps like mad makes hunting a bit tedious.

Don't forget my orange beret !!  Cool 
Please, don't die. +1 Tough Skin Wink
Back to top Go down
Treedoc

Treedoc

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-13, 18:48

Ok, now I made someone playing the rôle I want him to play (bringing more ppl in gK, by the way) Is this update is really coming in 6 to 8 weeks from now ??

tesla blabla

I hope the so called "community manager" is wrong. That mean update will not come till the end of summer ?
Back to top Go down
Tesla Coil

Tesla Coil

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-13, 22:37

Treedoc wrote:
Ok, now I made someone playing the rôle I want him to play (bringing more ppl in gK, by the way) Is this update is really coming in 6 to 8 weeks from now ??

tesla blabla

I hope the so called "community manager" is wrong. That mean update will not come till the end of summer ?

Guess in two days we have to wait like 5 or 6 weeks.  santa
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-19, 06:18

It seems like an educated guess, if everything goes well we might actually make it...
In any case, we're currently working on implementing mining from scratch. (with suggestions from the players)
Crafting will be postponed to 0.6.1 or later update as it will require some time to set up right.

So that wraps up this short status update from the TestBuilt bunkercomplex. Wink
Back to top Go down
shytallknight

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-20, 18:20

Hope the armour is lootable, otherwise we will have to wait till 0.6.1 to craft it?
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-21, 01:00

shytallknight wrote:
Hope the armour is lootable, otherwise we will have to wait till 0.6.1 to craft it?
That's a definite yes to both! Wink
Back to top Go down
Vumba

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-22, 06:29

SnelleEddie wrote:
shytallknight wrote:
That's a definite yes to both! Wink

the big question is WHEN........................
Back to top Go down
Nick Van Henriz

Nick Van Henriz

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-29, 22:36

Damnit, i can't wait any longer!  Exclamation Shocked 
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-30, 03:55

Nick Van Henriz wrote:
Damnit, i can't wait any longer!  Exclamation Shocked 
Same goes for us, but reality is that we'll have to finish what we started. A quick glimpse at what we're looking at:

Done
- The UMA system is implemented, tested and ready for more content. (Bring on the suits! Wink)
- The basic item system is implemented, tested and ready for more content (and advanced functionality).
- An improved Terrain management system for the editor with runtime scripts for enabling/disabling.

Doing
- John is currently performing a "finishing move" on the Unity Terrain issue regarding trees and performance.
- I've tested the new back end setup and am now working on a custom TestBuilt armor in Blender.

To Do
- Bake terrain light maps
- Setup and test mining
- Implement and test hunting (AI)
- Implement and test loot system (hunting/mining)
- Implement and test the new database interface
- Fill up with content, bake shadows and other cosmetics
- Build a release version and release it...

All in all we found some pitfalls, and managed to steer clear from most. The terrain is really a nasty one since we're having  quite a lot of it, but a custom solution is close to being finished. In any case we'll be reporting progress as much as possible.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Seven

Seven

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-30, 04:07

SnelleEddie wrote:
Stuff

Still plenty to be getting on with Smile  thanks for the update cheers
Back to top Go down
SnelleEddie
TestBuilt R&D
SnelleEddie

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-30, 07:59

Seven wrote:
SnelleEddie wrote:
Stuff

Still plenty to be getting on with Smile  thanks for the update cheers
Yeah, and it's only mentioning activities related to Project Ion.  I love you
Back to top Go down
Nick Van Henriz

Nick Van Henriz

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-06-30, 20:46

Ahh.... Okay then  Rolling Eyes anyway thanks for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
AkiraOsu

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime2014-07-01, 07:33

Seems very promising, can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UMA sneak peak! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UMA sneak peak!   UMA sneak peak! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UMA sneak peak!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next